Printing Lab – Workshop 1- Introduction to printing
One session £40
Block of 3 sessions £120
14.00 – 17.00
Days of Week
Autumn Term dates 2023
23 and 30 September
Spring term dates
15, 22 and 29 January 2024
Summer term dates
27 April, 4 and 11 May 2024
This course is ideal for beginners or repeat attendees to offer an in-depth introduction to various printmaking approaches.
The studio is equipped with printmaking facilities for hands-on learning. Students benefit from the diversity of attendees, offering a unique fun and educational experience in London.
You will be introduced to the basics in the following Printing Techniques
1. Monoprint – trace, stencil and multilayer & Gelli Plate Print : introduction to fun techniques
2. Lino Printing – relief printmaking with lino, mono and colour
3. Screen Print – basic screen printing, including stencil and monoprint
By the end of this Introductory 3 Saturdays 2 – 5pm workshop you will gain confidence working independently and safely in the print studio with tutor support when needed. You will also gain a basic understanding of a variety of printmaking techniques and small set projects which will inform your future practice.
- Please bring some ideas, sketches or images as an initial starting point for your prints.
- Teas, coffee and biscuits provided.
- Prints can be taken away on the day or left to dry in the studio and collected during Art Class London working hours.
- .All students who attended Introductory WORKSHOP 1, are welcome to join WORKSHOP 2 in order to further their skills by heaving extra opportunity to invest more time in their choice of technique: Monoprint, Gelli Plate, Screen or
Lino Print. Assistance will be given in whatever techniques you chose to work.
- Please check our advanced Lino printing course Workshop 2